So, if you didn't bother reading my last post because it started out way too nerdily for you or stayed nerdy too long for you, then let me tell you the punch line.
I'm pregnant. Due May 25th.
How's it going? Well, other than the nausea, fatigue, headaches, cravings, and mood swings, I can hardly tell I'm pregnant! In all seriousness, I think I've been pretty lucky. I've only thrown up a few times, though I've almost done it lots and lots. And who's to say that I can blame the cravings and mood swings on being pregnant? I've always had those!
There is one thing though that I will blame on the pregnancy. I call it "doing math for two." On the off chance I make it to my 8:00 class on time, it's usually because of a quiz. (Being places at 8:00 just does not work very well for me these days . . . it's nothing personal, Dr. Mazzeo . . . in fact, I really enjoy your class.) I've thought these quizzes have been reasonably easy, and yet I keep missing points for stupid mistakes.
Well, I started looking at my mistakes, and I realized that on most every quiz, I was doubling or squaring an answer at least once. On this last quiz, I did it twice! I knew the answer was 'X,' yet in the last two seconds I put 'X^2'. Why, you might ask? Well, I think this little baby inside just wants to have his/her say, too, and so when I put my answer down, the baby does too. So when I mean to write 1, I instead write 2. When I mean to write X, I instead write X^2. Hence, doing math for two. (Too bad I don't think I can argue back points with my theory . . .)
For the most part, things are going well. It seems like I've made it blatantly obvious what with my awkward questions and my not-so-surreptitious snatches of corn flakes in Relief Society on Fast Sunday (yes, I saw you watching me) and my refusal to do anything fun after 9 pm (because that's about when I start falling asleep) and my decidedly unfunny blog posts . . . so, if you suspected it already, I'm not too surprised.
So, yeah. 12 weeks along, life is good, no clue if it's a boy or a girl, and Kevin and I are both ridiculously excited!
Moon³ sounds like (s)he is doing well. Keep up the good work and don't forget to give your brain some buffer space, otherwise you end up doing odd things in place of the ordinary, as you've discovered. But your hormones should be settling shortly, and you'll be clear-headed again.
ReplyDeleteFun times!
Good advice. I've been trying to sleep and relax more this semester, and I think it's made a difference. And I'm looking forward to settled hormones and clear-headedness!
ReplyDeleteI feel extremely flattered then that you were at my house until 11:00 last Friday! Yay kyra!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! I am a little hurt I didn't get told personally, but I will get over it :)
ReplyDelete