Friday, December 23, 2011

Recent Adventures, Part 2

So in my last post, I talked about our most exciting adventure in the past little while, and then since that story got long, I decided to share more adventures later.

But here's the problem: I don't actually remember anything else interesting happening recently. And it doesn't help that I've done a lousy job keeping up in my journal lately.

Nevertheless, I feel somewhat obligated to share what we've been up to, as boring as it may actually be.

~School. Yeah. School kind of hijacked our lives. Thanksgiving break was spent doing projects and papers for most of Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. It was . . . kinda lame. To make matters worse, every day from the day we got back from Thanksgiving to the last day of classes, both Kevin and I either had a paper, presentation, revision, review, or other assignment due (often multiple assignments in one day). Then during finals week, Kevin had 3 grad school applications due. So, we've been busy. But it's all done, so we're happy.

~Ward choir. Kevin and I are ward choir directors, and this year we had the fun experience of being in charge of a Christmas program. And it really was fun. But it was a lot of work, too -- coming up with a theme that wasn't too cheesy but still managed to be somewhat cohesive, getting additional musical numbers, making the choir sing "angels" correctly (sing it like you say it, folks. Please!), and just overall coordination that sort of stressed me out. But it was wonderful! Not wonderful enough to ever do again, but fun to do once. (Incidentally, you know how everyone has their dreaded calling, like Nursery instructor or Gospel Doctrine teacher? Mine has been Ward Choir Director. But so far it hasn't been too bad. At the same time, I think my biggest fear is that I'll always get shunted into this calling since I always feel guilty if I don't confess that I can play piano.)

~Um . . . have we done anything else? Pregnancy has been fine. I mean, I threw up more after 13 weeks than before, but I might be moving past that finally. Finally. Right now we're thinking of naming the baby LaHerqan, boy or girl. LaHerqan Duchesne. I don't know why Kevin has a problem with it.

~Christmas break. It has consisted of approximately 4 things so far: reading, eating, sleeping, and watching movies/TV. I am quite impressed with how quickly my brain was able to atrophy.

Wow. This blog post turned out even more boring than I anticipated. Sorry. One of these days I'll write interesting stuff.

Oh, and you ought to take a look at our family Christmas letter. (Okay, so it's not our family, and I'm pretty sure I'm not having twins, but other than that it's totally accurate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment