Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New family photographer

This evening, Joseph was bursting with joy. He was dancing and jumping and grinning and laughing so much that bedtime was the last thing on our minds. While Kevin and Joseph were playing downstairs, I was upstairs playing the piano. Joseph hurried up the stairs, did a ten-second duet with me, then hurried back down the stairs and told his dad:

"I am happy now."
"Why are you happy?"
"Because I play the piano."

He later said,
"I was sad, but now I'm happy."

This was such a proud parent moment for me that I had to record it. So down I went with the camera to capture it on film.


After I made this video,


Joseph decided it was his turn to have the camera. And so we began a mini photo shoot in our messy basement, punctuated by the occasional shot of his feet:



because awkward kissing pictures are just the best

Once Joseph noticed our silly faces, he giggled so much that we had to keep making them




Dentist face. His, not mine. 
Joseph was in hysterics over Kevin's tongue

Cheesin' it up
We were so happy to have our own personal photographer. I felt like Joseph finally understood how to use a camera.

But then it was bedtime for real. As I started to get Joseph ready (i.e. take off his pants), he started to sing.

Well, the camera was still right there, so I pulled it out again and made another video.


Naturally, it was his turn next. So he then made this video.



. . . actually, the camera didn't really survive that aerial shot. 5 years of hard work and a fall onto soft carpet did it in.

So I think our family photographer plans are done now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment