The next morning we went back to the pool for a bit and then headed back to the park. Kevin had noticed that Cadillac Mountain looked like a fun place to climb around so we headed back there.
![]() |
| I feel like we're both just twisted funny. But the view is great! |
![]() |
| My mountain goat. |
In contrast to the chilly weather the night before, it was a sunny morning and we actually got hot and thirsty climbing around. It was still fun though.
![]() |
| I was so excited for a family picture here, but it didn't turn out how I hoped because of the lighting. |
![]() |
| Same with this lighting. |
We got back in the car and started driving down the mountain, and when we saw a good scenic spot we hopped out to take more pictures.
Next, we decided to drive through Bar Harbor a bit. We didn't stop in any stores or even get the famous ice cream, but we really loved the Bar Harbor Shoreline Trail. Matthew napped in the stroller and I had Jacob in the carrier while Kevin and Joseph clambered around on the rocks for a while.
We ate some lunch at a picnic spot on Thompson Island where the information center is, and then we headed home! We stopped at our friends' house again to return a baby carrier and then got home late.
Overall, I was happy with the places we visited. There were a few other mountains that would have been fun to hike, a few other lakes and forests that would have been nice to see, and so much more we could have done with the ocean, but it was a good trip. Sometimes I go on trips and feel glad later that I went, but while I'm there I'm not happy because I'm traveling and it's stressful. On this trip, I felt like that a little the second day when it was overcast and we didn't find the climbing rocks I wanted, but for the rest of the time we were happy. I would love to go back someday!
What happens to me when I cross the Piscataqua and plunge rapidly into Maine at a cost of seventy-five cents in tolls? I cannot describe it. I do not ordinarily spy a partridge in a pear tree, or three French hens, but I do have the sensation of having received a gift from a true love. - E. B. White













No comments:
Post a Comment