1. Last week, when we walked back from the JFK park (it was the day Charlie Kirk died, and walking to a JFK park made me think a lot about assassination even before it happened), we stopped at a boulangerie called Mamie Clafoutis. The cashier didn't really speak English, which isn't a big deal because I know enough words for a boulangerie, but I was also a little flustered by my kids breathing on the bread and Julia chewing on a stick. I think I'll have to go back there again once my French is better and we are stick-free.
![]() |
| On our walk to JFK park |
2. I already mentioned Boulangerie Cheskie in my previous post. I think we went there last Tuesday. Those were really delicious pastries.
3. We are really trying to be careful about lead since some of the paint tested positive for it, so we've put some contact paper down and gotten some HEPA filters to collect any lead paint dust. Then we realized that we probably had lead pipes (which is weird because the city map shows that the other half of the house doesn't have lead, but we most likely do, so why didn't they take care of it all at once?). So we also got a water filter. And that water tastes very good.
4. Apples! I got up all my courage to finally drive (okay, I drove to a park 1.1 km away on Friday, but those were just neighborhood streets) and left Montreal to go to an apple orchard about 80 minutes away.
So, in addition to yummy Rave apples from the store, we've been enjoying some sunrise, Golden, and Gala apples from the orchard. On 9/16/25, I made an apple pie pizza and made sure to make a slice that was 3 inches on one side, 4 inches on the other, and 5 inches for the hypotenuse.










walking for treats is so real. we get arctic circle surprisingly often for that reason
ReplyDelete