Well, not to make anyone jealous or anything, but Provo is waaaaay more exciting than any of those places. Yeah, you might have seen a penguin the other day, but I saw a robin. A real, live robin. And although getting lost in London is exciting, I get lost in my church building just about every week. It's that complex.
In all seriousness, though, Provo is a fun place to spend a summer. Granted, it's boring enough that I have time to read everyone's blogs, but we've still managed to have a good summer.
Here are some of the adventures we've had since we got married:
~Cooking. We have had lots of fun looking through all the cookbooks we received for our wedding and experimenting. In the process, we've learned some valuable life lessons:
--don't leave butter on the stove when something is in the oven
--don't leave a cookbook on the stove, particularly on a burner that's on. Oh well. The charred-on concentric circles will make a great story for the kids
--don't melt chocolate kisses in a pot. The pot still has little kiss-sized circles burned on.
I guess the moral of the story is this: Don't use the stove at all.
~Piano. Fortunately, we haven't had any mishaps with the piano like we have had with the stove. It has been such a huge blessing to have the piano. We checked out the Liszt Rhapsody #2 duet from the HBLL and it has been a blast. I'd say it ranks up there with Sleigh Ride, the Sugar-Plum Fairy, and Heart and Soul. Besides being able to play duets, it's just been nice to have it there. If Kevin wants to play the Revolutionary Etude or I want to muddle through Liebstraum, we can just turn the piano on and practice. It's also helped reawaken some of my creativity, for better or for worse. Poor neighbors.
~Squaw Peak. This has probably been our biggest adventure yet. Especially since it hasn't happened yet. It always begins the same way.
"We should hike Squaw Peak."
"Yeah. Do you want to try for this Saturday?"
"Sounds good to me."
. . . . then Friday comes. "I bet it's going to rain tomorrow."
"You're probably right."
"You're probably right."
. . . . then Saturday. "Um, it's raining, and we can't even see the mountains for all the clouds."
"Well, that's lame. We'll try again another time."
And so it goes. I'm sure if we ever get to hike Squaw Peak, it will be epic. But in the meantime, we'll be super busy having crazy awesome adventures.
(Note: I apologize for the roughness of this post. It's been a while since I've written. I promise later posts will be more interesting.)
Your layout is cute.
ReplyDeleteWV: moadre. I bet our moadre also will like your layout.