Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spaghetti

The other night we made some delicious spaghetti and spaghetti sauce. (Recipe: brown some ground beef with onions and garlic. Once cooked, stir generic traditional spaghetti sauce in. Add Italian seasoning and red pepper at will.) I don't know what it was about it that made it special (probably hunger), but it was the most delicious thing I had ever eaten.  As I was eating, the thought came to me, "This is so good! Why did we never have stuff like this when I was growing up?"

And then I remembered. My mom made spaghetti and spaghetti sauce all the time. But I was never brave enough to actually try the spaghetti sauce because it was, I dunno, red. So I would instead just eat the spaghetti with a little bit of parmesan cheese on top. That sounds really nasty now.

Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again just so I could take advantage of all those missed opportunities like spaghetti sauce.

2 comments: