Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Once upon a time . . .

. . . on a cold, drizzly morning in April, we got married.


Looking back, I may have been a bit too casual about the whole affair, stubbornly refusing to care about things like shoes, makeup, nails, or having the perfect dress. I didn't care if people wore the right colors or not. I didn't stress too much about if my friends made it or not since most of them were in Provo and the rest I hadn't hung out with much since high school. Bridals? Out of the question. Eating ice cream in the reception line so that I had to shake hands with sticky fingers? Sure why not. (As a side note, I wanted to go get more ice cream and actually wondered if they would notice, but then I realized that I was kind of noticeable in a big white dress.) First dance with husband at the reception? Nope -- didn't choose a song. Dance with dad at the reception? Nope -- didn't want to cry. When the reception had gone about 15 minutes longer than the invitation said, I decided that it was basically over, so Kevin and I went up the stairs and out of there, no bouquet toss or anything. And that was that.

But hey, we were married!

And it's been a party ever since.


by the way, thank you Mom for caring a bit more than I did so that it was actually pretty classy. I really wouldn't have minded if you had used sticks from the backyard as centerpieces, though.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! We definitely had my mom to thank for that. It's kind of funny now that Kaylie's planning her wedding to realize how little I actually did.

      Delete