Monday, July 28, 2014

What I Want in My Husband

Besides making sneery and sniffy faces at each other, we've had fun going through old stuff a bit during this trip to Utah. I haven't found my main journal yet, but I have found most everything else.

The first thing I found as I hunted for old journals was this list I made in Young Women's sometime (I'm guessing I was 16).


To be honest, I feel like this list is disappointingly mature in terms of realistic expectations. But there are some things worth noting anyway.


  • at the top this is volume CXXCVLII. I don't think that's actually a real number in Roman numerals, but it's clear this was one of many, many lists we made in Young Women's.
  • willing to occasionally drive. Does 95% of the time count as occasional, Kevin?
  • hygienic (handsome, strong). I just can't figure this one out. Does that mean to be hygienic you must be handsome and strong? Or to be handsome and strong you must be hygienic? Or was I just trying to lump all physical characteristics into the same line? Who knows.
  • treat me and my kids like royalty. But not his kids. Also, what did I even mean by royalty? (Kevin says we're not rich enough for me to really be treated like royalty.)
  • talks to me. I guess that was incredibly important for some forgotten reason.
Well, I forgot about this list for several years (particularly my dating years), but I'm happy to say that Kevin fulfilled every single requirement. 

In particular, the hygienic one.

1 comment:

  1. Derek fulfills all but one from my list: playing the piano. Although he has offered to learn. :) But you know--it's kind of nice to be the one that plays, I get to have my "shining moment" here and there. Overall, my YW self did ok, but she didn't know what she really wanted.

    ReplyDelete