Monday, January 12, 2015

A San Diego Christmas, Part 3

The next few days were full of lots and lots and lots of animals!

Monday: We went to Sea World! All that I remembered from Sea World back when I went when I was 5 was from a picture that was part of my kindergarten letter book. For the letter 'S,' my mom included a picture with the caption "sleepy sad sisters at Sea World. Stroller. Shamu." I meant to replicate that picture while I was there, but this was the closest I got:

Sleepy sad son at Sea World. Stroller. Sidewalk.

It was pretty fun overall. The dolphins were charming, the seals were silly, the flamingos were pink and loud, the penguins were cute and smelly, and of course, Joseph was happiest when he was on a ride of some kind.


The next day, we went up to Escondido for the Safari Park. 

Baby gorilla.


Lion on a jeep. Just cuz.

On our safari ride. We took lots of pictures of far-off giraffes and deer-like animals, but I think you'll be okay without them.





The condors were cool.

As with the other days, Kevin and I left before the rest of the family so Joseph could have some semblance of a nap. And so we could go swimming for a little bit before the sun went down.

Wednesday . . . relaxed day! Laundry, swimming, chatting, and hanging out at an overcast beach watching seagulls swarm empty bags hoping for food. After dinner at a nearby grotto, we had a nice Christmas Eve together and opened presents then. (And I didn't take any pictures all day.)

I think I'll save the last two days for one last blog post. Just to keep you all hanging in suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment