Monday, January 19, 2015

A San Diego Christmas, Part 4

Hey, we've finally made it to Christmas! We didn't really do too much that was Christmasy on Christmas since we had done that the night before. Instead, we went to the zoo!

And took a lot of pictures.

On a tour bus. It was a huge, sprawling zoo (at least compared to Toledo), so it was nice to see a lot of it without having to walk.

Leopard. I think.

Elephants.

Camel.

Human.

Colorful bird.

Back of a red panda.

Other panda.
We hurried back to the hotel to get the chance to talk to Sister Jennie for the last time on her mission (next time will be  in person Thursday!!!), and probably took a nap. Because I did that a lot.

The next day was another unscheduled day, so we decided to check out Balboa Park and the beach again.

It was also Boxing Day.

Sunshine!






Let me tell you, seeing roses in December is so good for the soul.





The temperature was about 59, the water temperature was about 49, and it was windy . . . so covering up in sand was the best way to spend an hour at the beach.

After one last wonderful evening together, it was time to pack up so we could make our flight the next morning. Although I spent a little bit of the morning dry heaving, I was relieved that I made it the whole flight without throwing up. Honestly, this was a legitimate concern for me, as the last thing I wanted to happen was to be monitored for ebola or something like that (which was a thing that really happened to some passengers who had flown in the past few months). We got back to Michigan, got a ride home (thanks Jon!), and tried to get back into the flow of regular, structured life.

We're still working on it.

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! I went to the San Diego Zoo in high school on choir tour and I LOVED it! Glad you got some sunshine in December! You could always visit us for more :)

    ReplyDelete