Sunday, May 10, 2015

Good mom

I'll say it straight out: Most of the time, I honest to goodness feel like a good mom.

But also, I feel like a lot of that has nothing to do with me. Right now we have a combination of good health, even temperaments across the board, huge support group, and a flexible work schedule that all contribute to a generally pleasant atmosphere. I try to do my part with hugs and smiles and stories and singing and cleaning, but I know that objectively I don't do any more than anyone else, and usually, far, far, less.

So, if you don't feel like a good mom, chances are it's just because things out of your control are difficult, and not because you actually aren't a good mom. I mean, there's nothing wrong with wanting to improve, but if you are feeling guilty or inadequate, those feelings are probably misplaced.

So, Happy Mother's Day! You rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment