Part 1
Once upon a time, Kevin and Joseph and I went home to Utah for a visit. To our surprise, when we came home to Michigan, we needed a new fridge.
It was sort of a gradual discovery, to be honest. Almost a month ago, we bought ice cream for the first time in a little while. I was surprised by how soft it was coming straight from the store in cool weather, and I figured they had added some strange soft-serve-esque chemical to it to keep it softer. So, every time that I had it afterwards, the softness didn't surprise me too much.
Then I had some Wednesday night, and I wasn't 100% certain I could blame the ice cream composition anymore. But then again, all the meat in the freezer still was icy and rock hard, so it couldn't be the freezer, right?
The next morning I tested the ice cream out with a friend's freezer. When I saw that some Otter-pops in our freezer were more liquid than not, I knew it was time for a fix-it request, regardless of how the ice cream fared at our friend's house (it froze to a normal consistency, incidentally). While we were out, the fix-it people came, said they turned the freezer to the coldest setting (it was already there) and rearranged food so the vents weren't covered.
But alas, the problem wasn't fixed, so we sent another request this morning. When Joseph and I came back from some errands, Kevin was putting our food into a new fridge. And that was that.
I guess the moral of the story is:
1) If you live in university housing, they can fix things very quickly for you. Even if it doesn't happen on the first try.
2) It is good to buy ice cream every now and then to make sure that your freezer is still cold enough, since it will melt before most everything else.
3) Otter-pops are also useful.
No comments:
Post a Comment