Actually, the video catches a few more details of the day than just that. For example:
- Joseph is wearing a too-small Superman jacket he got for Christmas two years ago. He is wearing a Superman shirt underneath that jacket and wears hand-me-down Superman shoes that are too big for him whenever he can (he always takes them and his socks off to go into the sandbox). Unlike when he was acting out Buzz Lightyear, he doesn't know any quotes from Superman, so when we went on a walk today all he could say was, "I'm . . . Superman!!! ssssssssssSuperman!" over and over. He also likes to sing "Believe it or Not" a lot.
- The pink fabric in the background came from when I was cutting Joseph's hair (somehow I convinced him to watch Mr. Rogers instead of Mater's Tall Tales for the haircut this time). I have been pretty good at giving him a haircut every 6 weeks the past few times, including the day that I gave birth to Matthew. So that means Matthew is 12 weeks old today! Wow!
- The reason we wanted to watch Monster in the Mirror is because I had set Matthew in front of the mirror on his tummy and side today, and when I sang "saw a baby in the mirror" it got Joseph excited.
- Those two have been so funny today. I don't know how it started, but Joseph was laughing which got Matthew laughing, which got Joseph laughing more, which got Matthew laughing more, which made him spit up all over me. Then after I cleaned that up the process repeated, only the next time Matthew spat up on the other side of me (the unprotected side). I think Joseph is becoming really fond of him, and Matthew loves having someone closer to his size to watch.
- The mattress cover hanging in the background reminds me that Matthew finally slept well again last night after a few weeks of waking up progressively earlier every night. I woke up at 3 briefly, realized that Matthew wasn't awake yet, thought, "Oh well," and fell back asleep for another hour. Then he came in and soaked through everything, so everything got washed. (But none of Joseph's sheets last night! Yay! Come to think of it, today also included the third (?) real full-length nap Joseph has taken in the past two weeks, with the last being about a week ago. No wonder today was a good day.)
- The little bits of clutter here and there remind me that we spent a lot of time outside today enjoying beautiful weather instead of staying inside cleaning (although every time I was inside I started another load of laundry). And they remind me that my parents and brother were in town! . . . and I need to return that air mattress.
Overall, good day.
It will be even better once all that laundry is folded.
I LOVE IT! soooo cute.
ReplyDelete