Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Soporific poetry

Matthew hasn't been into sleeping through the night anymore. For some inexplicable reason the past few weeks he has generally liked to eat at 1:30, 4:30, and 6. Full meals each time, despite our best efforts otherwise. (I guess I'm open to suggestions, but not really. Mostly validation.)

Joseph hasn't been into napping anymore, and loses all composure at the idea of something so simple as "quiet time." (Again, mostly interested in validation, not suggestions.)

So here are some poems that describe how I feel about it.

so much depends
upon

a soft white
pillow

near a warm
blanket

that I get to sleep on
for more than 
three hours at a time

And another:

Two roads diverged in a wood.
I chose the road that led to more sleep.
And that has made all the difference.

And another:

Do you like to sleep and nap?
  I do not like to sleep and nap.
  I do not like them, Mom and Pap.
Would you sleep next to a box?
Would you co-sleep with a fox?
  Not near a box, not with a fox.
  I do not like to sleep or nap.
  I do not like to, Mom and Pap.
You may like it, you will see.
You may like to sleep past three.
  I do not like to sleep past three.
  Just let me suck that milk, Mommy!
  I do not like to sleep at night,
  Nor in the day, it is too bright!
  I do not like to sleep or nap.
  I do not like to, Mom and Pap.

(Kevin thinks Pap is a weird word. Sorry.)

And finally, since I am too tired to blog about real life (visits from family, carbon monoxide adventures while making applesauce, etc.) here is the story from what I did a year ago. Because it actually has been hanging over me.

Once upon a time I visited my grandma in Kansas a year ago at this time while Kevin was in Paris and my mom came out too and we went to a pumpkin patch and I played "Royals" on the carillon at KU and watched the Royals lose to the Giants on TV and had a great time.

At the carillon

At the pumpkin patch as Winnie the Pooh


Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment