Monday, January 25, 2016

What we want out of life

"Graduating is like falling off a cliff. It's pretty traumatic," my dad said once.

Since Kevin's on track to finish his PhD in August, we're starting to feel the edge of that cliff. Sometimes we look at each other and ask, "what do we want out of life?" and we shrug our shoulders, and then apply for 10 more jobs.

But the truth is, I know exactly what I want out of life. I have already decided the ideal house size and age, yard size, trees and flowers to plant, proximity to important places (gas station, church, work, library, schools, grandparents, mountains), which friends should also buy houses in our subdivision (if you are reading this, you are probably included), range of how many kids we want, hobbies, potential part-time jobs, vacations to take, humanitarian work to be involved in, trials to grow from (preferably easy ones), books to read, callings to have, and so on.

All that's missing is an actual job and corresponding location to go with it.

2 comments:

  1. We have a job and we are still wondering this. It's hard to settle down permanently in our area. I can't wait to see where you guys end up going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete