Sunday, October 16, 2016

Top Ten Reasons I'm Blogging Less

Hi friends! I still think about this blog and how much catch-up I ought to do.

Here are some reasons why it's not happening as much as it should . . .

10. I'm too busy standing on my couch waiting for Kevin to come home and get rid of the mouse that decided to take up residence in the house to write a blog post. (It landed on the sticky trap this morning, so hopefully that won't happen again.)

9. My laptop (which actually isn't mine . . . I started borrowing it exactly a year ago from my parents) likes to crash a lot. A lot a lot. I'm amazed it hasn't crashed while writing this (other than the fact I can't add any pictures to this point).

8. Kevin just dropped his phone on Friday and the screen shattered. That has nothing to do with this list but it was pretty sad so it made the list.

7. I got called as 1st counselor in Primary, which in this ward means I do a lot with Scouts. So that's been taking up time with the occasional meeting.

6. The Hartford Temple open house is going on, and I've gotten to help play piano in the reception tent. This week I think I will help out as a tour guide, too.

5. Sometimes Matthew's nap is short.

4.-2. I wish I could say it was cool reasons like reading a great book (the library keeps hiding the Hamilton biography where I can't find it and you can't place holds on books that are on the shelf) or working on crafts (I wrapped a fall-looking towel around a pillow to make it look more festive, but that's it) or teaching an adjunct class (I did look into it but Connecticut isn't one of the permitted states for the BYU-I online stuff). But there isn't a real reason like that. I have no clue what I've been up to most evenings. Washing dishes? Looking at foliage maps? Not watching debates?

1. So, I guess the best reason I've been blogging less is because we've been able to hang out with family!!!! While Kevin was partying it up in Michigan, Leslie came to keep me company, and Kaylie and Derek were persistent enough to try two weeks in a row to come, and the second time it worked!

I guess that's a pretty good reason to not be sitting at the computer uploading photos. There will be plenty of time for that soon enough when winter comes.

At least, as long as no more mice come in. That can sort of take over an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment