Friday, December 30, 2016

2016

I finally sat down and made a little newsletter. I had hoped this year would be the year where I would mail real Christmas cards out, but it was not to be.

So, you get this instead!


A few things I left off:

  • my proudest accomplishment was actually throwing 2 birthday parties the same day for the same boy. With 2 separate cakes and 2 entirely different party plans (thanks to different kids with different personalities). 
  • I was going through my mind a bit of what we miss most and least about Ann Arbor, and I decided that what I missed least was potlucks. It has been so nice not having to go to parties and think of something to feed other people! (Am I unique in this? I don't mind cooking for other people, but I prefer assignments.) 
  • Mice and chipmunks didn't deserve a place on my newsletter. In happy news, when we came back last night from 2 weeks in Utah there were no dead mice in the house. And the traps hadn't moved, either, like they would have if mice had gotten on and then off. So maybe they're all gone.
  • I didn't talk much about our trips to Utah or visits from family. That's what this blog is for!

Overall, it's been a great year. We had some disappointments, some surprises, and some losses (most notably my grandpa), but life is so so so good and we are so blessed.

And we're looking forward to 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment