Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Matthew's Favorite Word

Matthew is so fun! He likes to point out eyes, hair, shoes, socks, and noses. He recognizes dogs in books. He loves balls.

But most of all, he loves . . .


I came back one day to find these boys watching Mater's Tall Tales, and obviously there were some elements Matthew liked a lot.



Yup. We've got a car lover. The other day he woke up from a nap totally inconsolable. A banana helped, but what really saved the day was hearing that Joseph was watching "Cars." He began making the sign for "car" and said it all the way down the stairs.

During prayers, if he doesn't interrupt by saying "Amen!" periodically throughout the prayer, he usually blurts out "car" a couple of times. If I ask, "Can you say," planning to have him say another word, he usually responds, "Car! Car! Car!"

It's mostly cute. It's been increasing for the past 5-6 months (remember his car birthday?) so I would be lying if I said it wasn't a bit tiresome. But it's mostly cute.

And, it adds for a little variety. I mean, Joseph pointed out every single Christmas light on the drive tonight. Matthew pointed out every car. Couldn't have both kids appreciating the same things, right?

(I am halfway tempted to end by writing the word car 500 times to symbolize what we hear over a 3 day period. But I will forbear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment