Wednesday, January 25, 2017

My latest poetry

Ever since second trimester began, I've begun this magical life where I do strange things like vacuum the stairs and have people over for dinner and scrub the bathtub and write loooooooooong blog posts. Apparently I had a lot of thoughts stored up. (And I've got at least 2 more big ones still churning in my brain.)

So I thought I would favor you with a short post. Each time I read a fun rhyming book like "Little Blue Truck" or Dr. Seuss or listen to some silly kids' song I think, "I want to make something up!"

And then yesterday morning as I was dressing Matthew the inspiration came. It's . . . pretty epic.

"I always have a happy feeling 
When I wear a shirt.
My organs covered by its threads
I tiptoe softly, turning heads,
My teachers never call the feds
When I wear a shirt."

Okay, and since I have the real words pulled up here, I'm going to try to do the next verses.

"I like to raise my hands in singing
When I wear a shirt.
I fold my arms, my elbows hid,
And also covered is my mid.
Of chilling breezes I am rid
When I wear a shirt."


And, looking at the third verse, it looks like I'd have to deviate pretty far from the real lyrics to make it fit the theme, so I'll just stop at two.

With the right illustrations this should probably win a Caldecott or two.

I know this is just what you needed tonight. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment