Amidst 10 hours of staring at a laptop screen, I find other things to look forward to and wonder about. Such as:
1. Will I know anyone mentioned in the stories? I've been finding more and more that I recognize some of the names in General Conference. I've seen them in the news, on blogs, or on Facebook. Of course, there are also those whose names aren't mentioned because they aren't necessarily the hero of the story, such as the woman who gave Frances Monson a hard time for sitting in the "special section" of the Tabernacle, or the man who gave a Sunday School lesson that Elder Scott walked out of. Incidentally, I wonder what you would do if you realized you were that particular Sunday School teacher. Would your friends give you a hard time about it? Would your wife tease you about it every time you taught? Would you ever admit it openly?
2. Will we be able to keep our kids happy the whole time? Will Conference bingo work this time? Will the closed captioning work this time or will it be garbled enough that we see some almost-inappropriate words like I did during the General Women's Meeting last week? Will they like the coloring pages from lds.org or get bored within two minutes?
| Conference setup last year. |
3. Will my cinnamon rolls turn out this time? I actually haven't made cinnamon rolls for a long time because I was so tired of them being meh, but this year I'm finally going to try again. Compared to our gas ovens in Northwood, the oven here seems to be honest in its dealings, so we can trust it better to not burn things. But will the yeast work? Will I put enough cinnamon and sugar in? Will it be worth all the time and work it takes to make them?
4. It's been 5 years since the General Relief Society Presidency was reorganized, so they will probably be released tomorrow (though I would love if they stayed on longer). Right now, looking at Relief Society, Young Women's, and Primary Presidencies, we have two Lindas, two Carols, and two Bonnies. Which new names can we expect tomorrow? Based on the most popular names of 1960, I am thinking we'll get a Susan, Karen, or a Lisa of some kind. (I will also throw in "Anne" because of this.)
5. Will they finally announce a temple in Puebla Mexico?
6. How many key changes will there be between verses 2 and 3 of a given arrangement by Mack Wilberg?
By this time in about 48 hours, most of these questions will be answered. And hopefully much more important questions too! Happy watching!
No comments:
Post a Comment