Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Can I see it?

Videos have been tricky lately because as soon as I pull out my phone to document Matthew doing something cute, he stops what he's doing and runs over to watch the video. "Can I see it?"

I've gotten a bit better about putting the video on selfie mode so he can see himself being cute, but I still forget sometimes.

Anyway, here are some cute things Matthew's done that haven't made the cut because the videos didn't work:

Buzz Yightyear Cool: He would find our Buzz Lightyear toy or Joseph's shirt and announce, "Buzz Yightyear Cool! Buzz Yightyear Cool!"

Because I'm bad, I'm bad: Matthew learned to sing this from Joseph, who learned to sing it from . . . somewhere.

Crash! sorry: He likes to have cars or other toys crash into each other and fall down. Then he says "Crash!" and "Sorry" or "I'm okay" or "Uh oh!" Then they get right back up and do it again.

Keen up: Sometimes he can be zealous about wanting to "keen up," so lots of things end up where they shouldn't.

"Wat?": He has lots of questions. He prefers to ask "Whyyyyy?" now but earlier he would say "Wat?" when he felt like it, and it always caught us off guard.

There are other cute things that sort of get caught in the other videos, so I've shared them for your amusement. These videos start in about February.



Gone are the days of scowling at everybody! Matthew is so smiley around most everybody now, and it's so fun! I think this video was from before he made the switch, but it's basically the same friendly greeting.

For a long time Matthew called Joseph "Say-so," but of course he didn't actually do it for the camera until he was heavily prompted. Now he calls him "Jefo" even though he knows how to say Jose . . . F.



I live this strange life where I don't like dinosaurs yet I read some book about dinosaurs most every day, dress my children in dinosaur clothes and pajamas, and take them to natural history museums. But then when things like this happen it makes it all okay.

I also don't super love Star Wars, but I do love these books now.

Little kid gymnastics is so great.


If you were ever wondering what the back of our apartment's couch looks like, now you know.

From our educational holiday week. Side note: there are lots of other words that mean "quiet" a lot more than "piano" does, but most of my knowledge of Italian comes from piano so I was doing the best I could.


We are still all about superheroes, and he is still wanting the same Batman cake he began planning a year ago for his birthday coming up. Unfortunately I think he remembers what his friend's Batman cake from last year looks like, and he's expecting that.



He has this cute way of putting his hands out and asking "Where Jefo go?" but we couldn't quite capture it. But you get a good shot of a messy bookcase.


Next time I did a video I tried it on selfie mode. I think it went pretty well.



Turns out you can insert names besides Batman after "na na na na na na na na na"


Poor deprived child

Some of his questions

Besides pointing out pink trees, he liked to point out all the popcorn trees.

Joseph made the switch from a balance bike to a pedal bike instantaneously! I was impressed he could do it on a curved sidewalk.


This kid cracks me up.

I don't know if we'll ever call shakes and smoothies anything but banana swirl.

Taking after his friend Tamatoa, Matthew is going for the shiny look on his philtrum. I know. Don't worry -- we've still gone through hundreds of Kleenexes the past two weeks. I love how he oohs and ahhs about things.

And finally, from today, right after I told Matthew he was getting a baby brother for his birthday and he said, "No. Baby horse," I made this video. We didn't quite capture his early phraseology but at least he nodded a good amount.

We sure like these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment