Sunday, January 13, 2019

Time flies when you're having fun

Today Kevin and I commemorated a very important occasion -- it's our meet-iversary! 10 years ago we met and didn't think much of the encounter. This just goes to show why it's okay to be wrong sometimes.

In honor of this special day, I wanted to share the first picture that was taken of us together. Unfortunately, it no longer can be found on Facebook (another friend shared it and deleted the album later), but at least I can share the second picture taken of us together:


Here we are, just lost somewhere in Provo Canyon with my dad and friends and siblings. We thought we were going to hike Mount Timpanogos that day but a couple of misleading signs led us nowhere so we spent the time traipsing around on deer trails until we found our way back to the trail (about a half mile from the trailhead and it was 1 in the afternoon). There ain't no hike like a Moon hike, he learned that day and has relearned a couple times since.

Speaking of things from 10 years ago, Facebook reminded me that on January 10, 2009, I went sledding with my ward and looked really cool doing it:






I'm glad that I was not hurt so that 3 days later I could meet Kevin.

While I'm at it, since everybody is doing it, here's the first profile picture I put on Facebook in 2007:


This picture was taking the day of my high school graduation. I had just gotten back from hair salon where they whacked off about 16 inches (I only asked for 12) of my hair. So the ends look kind of blunt.

And here's my most recent picture:


I think I look older but I could still pass for a high schooler if I had to. I at least look older than the 6th graders at Joseph's school.

This picture of Jacob reminds me of two more pictures that I happened to share on two different January 13ths two years apart:


This is literally my favorite picture in the world

I thought it might be fun to do a redo picture now that we have a Jacob instead of a placeholder, but I couldn't get Matthew to put on the blue shirt Joseph was wearing and then I forgot about it so it never happened. Oh well. I feel like winter is just not a great time to take pictures of kids anyway. Between hardly taking any pictures of my kids (well, by my standards) and not writing in my journal since sometime in December (or even blogging about life) I feel like I'm living an undocumented life. Someday historians will just have to look through gchats, texts, and credit card purchases to figure out what we did each day.

But back to the original point. How, you might ask, did we spend our super important meet-iversary?

We got our kids dressed for church. With my parents' help, we wrestled with our kids (mostly Jacob) during Sacrament Meeting. We played with our kids.

And of course, we went on a date. We spent last night painting our 7th-11th paint samples, and then today we went to our house to see how they looked there. 

some contenders

If you have to watch paint dry or look at undertones of paint on drywall, it's always nice to do it with the person you are happy to spend your meet-iversary with. 

Time flies when you're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment