Eight and a half years ago, I started this blog on a whim. I didn't know what I was going to blog about, but I knew that as a newlywed I was probably supposed to have a blog.
Since then, I've amassed about 600 blog posts. Some of them could be edited for length and clarity, but I'm still really happy with what I've produced.
The past several months, though, I've been thinking a lot about the direction I want not just for this blog but for social media in general. Here are some of my conclusions:
1. I would like to share personal information on Facebook since it's such an easy place to share news with a large but select audience, but I have been getting more and more bothered by the company itself. So, I've been doing a bit of a boycott there. I still share pictures on Instagram, but I've been holding back on any kind of new information.
2. Google isn't a great company for privacy either, but since I still have to use the Internet I accept that Google will probably always know a lot about me, even just from my emails. For now I'll live with that.
3. Since we are planning to stay in the same house for a long time, I'd like to do as much as possible to up my privacy on the internet. The local news isn't always encouraging on the creeper front, unfortunately.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo,
I started a new blog. A private one. The kind that you have to physically check rather than just scroll through on your blog feed app.
It's not my ideal, but I think it's what is right for our family moving forward.
I know that not too many people read this blog, but I also know that I don't know everybody who reads this. And for the most part, that's fine. I mean, I check various websites without participating in the community, so I have no disdain for lurkers. But I'm at the point where I don't want my life or my kids' lives to be lurked at. So sending out blog invitations it must be. (Comment if you want one! I've already posted on the new blog!)
I might still post here some, but I wouldn't count on it. I've still got plans to work on music websites, and those will be public, but I don't know when that will be.
So, I guess it's goodbye for now?
It's been really, really fun.
Yes! I would love to be invited. You brighten up my days.
ReplyDeleteSend me an invitation please!
ReplyDeleteMe, too!
ReplyDeleteMe too please!
ReplyDeleteMe too, por favor
ReplyDeleteI accepted but I can't find it again :'(
ReplyDeleteEmail me with the link so I can read your fun stories please!