Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Other one month tidbits

-We've been listening to lots of Primary songs since Joseph was born. He seems to like them and I hope that if he hears them daily then he will learn them. He might even like them enough that he'll sing them right, and not have the snowman grow in the sun or frown that smile away like every other little boy does and thinks he's a genius. (Admit it, guys, you all did that. Girls were way too mature for that, though.)

There is a downside to him listening to the CDs, though. They sing out of tune so much! (I know, I'm being petty.) There are times when Kevin and I cringe at the singing, especially during the rounds. Ah well. He'll learn to sing in tune from me. The church isn't in charge of teaching your kids everything, after all.

-Speaking of teaching your kids, Kevin is a fabulous teacher. We'll be on a walk and smell a barbecue, and Kevin will say to Joseph, "That smell is meat. Meat is good. You'll like meat."

Or while folding laundry, "Joseph, this is the most fun thing ever. You will love to fold laundry."

Or, "Joseph, this is broccoli. You will love broccoli." Or vacuuming, or fruit, or reading, or playing piano. I hope that he remembers these lessons years from now.

-Besides giving birth to Joseph, my proudest accomplishment for the past month is managing to nurse him while playing the piano with both hands. I only tried it once, and I really couldn't play very well, but I still felt really cool.

-Fetal habits die hard. Compare this:

and this:

It's kind of hard to see, but he has been sticking out his pointer finger for months now! (It's right in the middle of the ultrasound picture.) Wonder how long he'll keep it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment