Wrong! Mommy bloggers know how to take pictures of their baby! I . . . am still struggling in that department.
It's not for lack of trying. Well, maybe it is. I didn't even know where the camera was for like a week. I figured it would turn up the next time we had visitors and I felt guilt-tripped into cleaning the living room. So the third week of Joseph's life is kind of undocumented. Oh well. I think mine was, too.
Where was I? Oh! It's not for lack of trying that I'm terrible at taking pictures. Once I found the camera, I tried to make up for lost time. The other day, Joseph had a cute little half smile. Hoping that he would replicate it, I grabbed the camera.
About 5 minutes and 40 pictures later (most of them blurry, Kevin noted), I still hadn't caught a half smile. I decided to give up when I accidentally caught this instead:
| Does this make anyone else think of Jon Schmidt's "Waterfall"? |
There are a few other pictures I'm kind of sad I haven't been able to take yet. Like when he holds out his pointer finger as if to say "I'm number one!" the way he did for the ultrasound (fetal habits die hard). Or when he pulls his own hair (but really, what kind of parent would I be if I took a picture of him pulling his hair instead of stopping it?). Maybe one of these days he'll cooperate.
Since this is a blog, and since I do have a baby, I suppose I ought to share more pictures of him. So here they are. Enjoy!
| He sticks his tongue out a lot. |
| I guess that's sort of a smile. |
| During tummy time one evening. I was trying to take a picture of how he could lift his head. 20 pictures later . . . oh well. :) |
Precious pictures! Having anything at all is splendid, so don't beat yourself up!
ReplyDelete