Thursday, September 6, 2012

Joseph top to bottom

Oh goodness. There is so much I want to say. Not just about him, but just thoughts I've had lately, stories to share, and adventures we've had. But I guess I ought to start somewhere, so let's start with Joseph. As a warning, I'm kind of obsessed with him these days, so if you get a hint of proud mama, that's why. (Doesn't help that I misplaced his baby book the other day so I feel like I have to record it somewhere. Might as well record it online!)

So from top to bottom, ready, set, Joseph!

Hair: If you look from the top, he still has a lot of hair. But he is going a little bit bald on the sides. That's probably because he keeps rubbing his hair off. And how does he rub it off? Well, here's one way he does it:



Yeah, it looks like he likes the hardwood. (It is growing on me . . . it's just weird not ever wanting to sit on the floor anymore.) We noticed that he was able to rotate beginning about the middle of July, when we put him on a blanket to sleep at my parents' house. He would wake up facing a different direction. But over the past month and a half he's refined this skill to get . . . a lot of places. It's fun.

Face: Moving down his face, he has very expressive eyebrows:



and some funny faces.





Mouth: He can be quite vocal, and has learned how to scream like a little girl. But most of the time he's just content to jabber away in a more pleasant range:


Neck: He can basically hold his head up now. I was surprised by how much easier not having to worry about supporting his neck so much made things.

Hands: He likes to use his hands to touch and scratch things: the side of the crib, the couch, books, and basically anything he can get his hands on. It's so fun to see his motor skills improving. He still can't reach out and grab things (other than my hair), but he's getting closer every day. He also has discovered how to put his hands in his mouth. He's not so much of a thumb-sucker yet; more of a pointer finger-sucker or multiple finger-sucker. It's good for his immune system, right?

Torso: I love to watch him stretch/try to roll over. It kind of makes him look like a contortionist.



Legs and feet: He has very strong legs. And very cute feet. He likes to raise them high in the air.


He also loves to look at himself in the mirror, which is why I propped him up like this

There's a part of me that could go on and on and on about how awesome he is, but I think I'll just call that good for now.

Except . . . one more video. Just because.


No comments:

Post a Comment