Friday, January 4, 2013

When Joseph went to Providence

When Joseph went to Providence, I think he took great care
To catch each fever, cough, and cold upon the plane ride there. 1
To urgent care he went to send an ear infection back
And took amoxicillin in a little paper sack.

Joseph was feverish and listless on Christmas Eve. Poor guy.

By Christmas, the fever had mostly dissipated, but he had a runny nose, tons of drool, and a grumpy disposition. 

I think that all the people there went just a little wild --

So awed to be the family of Kyra’s perfect child.




Perhaps all through the chilly hours they met each loud demand
Hold me!

Hold me!

Get me out of this high chair!

And cheered when Joseph learned to clap his little, gentle hands.



And close beside the Christmas tree, beneath its golden light

He held his little blanket close upon that snowy night.


1Also, I'm certain he was teething. But nothing has come of it yet.
2Actually, urgent care was in Roosevelt (a half hour from Duchesne). But it fit here, I think.

1 comment:

  1. He sure is cute. Autumn always seemed to get ear infections at Grandma's too.

    ReplyDelete