Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The robber in the shed

You guys. It's not for lack of trying that I haven't updated the blog for a while. I keep having ideas and then not publishing them. But today I am determined to finally press "Publish," no matter how silly the blog post. Brace yourselves.

Once upon a time, I finished my freshman year of college. My friends and I all missed seeing each other all the time, so I spent a lot of time on the phone, generally later in the evening when minutes were free for at least my Eastern Time Zone friends. During our long conversations, I would wander around the backyard talking. One time I idly walked back to our shed and spent the rest of the conversation talking upstairs in the playhouse portion. When the phone call ended, I walked out and shut the door, about to head down the stairs. My sister Kiana was down near the main level, and when she heard me shut the door, she let out a scream and started to run toward the house.

When I called out to her, she stopped running and said, "Oh. I thought you were a robber."

Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment