Friday, August 30, 2013

Dishes -- guest post by Leslie

Hey, look guys! A guest post! I feel like a real blogger now that I've outsourced my work! Thanks Lezl. Sorry it took me a few days to post it.

Kyra asked me to guest post and suggested I blog about a good quote from the family.

I can never think of anything but our family motto: There's always more dishes than you think.

That motto was especially apt this past weekend as we prepared for Kaylie's wedding. There are a lot of dishes that go into a wedding.

To the point that we thought maybe we should use the dishwasher just this once.

There's always something overlooked at a wedding (for example, handing out the corsages) and one of the things we overlooked was providing disposable dishes for the hordes of family eating food at our house. Cups, especially. We have washed so many cups!

Dishes provide a great opportunity for service. My aunts did the dishes for us the afternoon of the wedding (appalled, as usual, that they couldn't just stick them in the dishwasher), which we greatly appreciated.

But by the next morning enough dishes had accumulated again that we filled the drainer several times before we even got to the washing of the vases. It was a whole-family endeavor, with Dad at the sink and the rest of us standing by with dishtowels to dry.

This is just one example of all the work that goes into events, behind the scenes. Kaylie had a beautiful fairy-tale wedding

and we were happy to make it happen!

And I was happy I left for Duchesne before I had to help with dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment