Monday, April 28, 2014

Joseph video catch-up

Hey, remember Joseph's frownsmile?
This was almost a year ago. Wow!
Well, after several months' hiatus, it's back!




He especially does this happy sour lemon face in public. If someone does something that makes him smile against his will, he will exert all his effort to swallow it. He also likes to be very solemn in public, except for the occasional outburst of "armpit!" or "ride bus!" during the Sacrament.

Luckily, we have video evidence that he does talk! And since I haven't posted any videos since February, here are a bunch from the past two months.





By this point, probably only grandparents are watching so no one else has to watch the less interesting ones.




(He and I will never see eye to eye on this.)

Mostly this is funny because of our failed attempts at conversation.

His dad wasn't helping him at all. I promise. All those side glances were . . . coincidences.




When I was little, I used to listen to "Sounds Like Fun" which had this 4 1/2 minute song about letter sounds. Joseph loves it. I figure I deserve to listen to it as an adult since I listened to it so much as a kid.

In nursery, they have little suns they hold up to sing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." At home, we have to improvise.

There's just so much to say about this fun little boy. The way he growls just for fun, the way he insists "fast" or "slow" (usually fast), the way he pulls out the webcam to talk to "gamma gamma," the way he reminds of owies from weeks ago that apparently still need bandaids, the way he stares at me seriously just to make sure I understand him, the way he giggles and jumps when he's excited . . . there are plenty of hard parts, but it is still a lot of fun.

I need to take more smiling pictures! This is the only recent one I found.
Even when he swallows his smiles.

1 comment:

  1. I love that frown-smile!! So cute! Also, the way he says "raisin", "Michigan" and "Math" is adorable :D (also, I love that he already knows the word math. Good job, guys!) What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete