Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cross-Puntry Road Trip

Of all the things I'm grateful for today, I'm most grateful for this texting conversation. (Note: Kaylie and Derek were driving across Nebraska this afternoon. And I think they were bored.)

Ka: Can I nebraska question?
Ky: You cansis
Ka: Ok alaska question then. Why is road tripping such a Missouri?
Ky: Because the car smells funny. Iowa great deal of carsickness to that.
Ka: It smells so bad Derek's sitting on the carpet to escape it. He's a Florida.
Ky: Is he driving too??? Seems like an idea from the badlands
Ka: Well, not anymore.  A strange man gave our friend Georgia big bag of cash cuz Derek promised to sit up correctly.

later . . .

Ka: Have you seen Limbaugh's hair lately? Someone needs to give Russia makeover.
Ky: I'd do it. And if he paid enough I'd make a Korea of it.
Ka: What's worse than a pair of Dracos? A Paraguayals.
Ky: That one was worth a few guineas.
Ka: Or Ecuador.
Ky: How is the drive in your Sudan?
Ka: Good. 500 miles on the same road. Don't even have to Czech the map!
Ky: I bet Yukon drive really fast then.
Ka: Who's winning this texting game? Or is it a Thai?
Ky: Your Laos.
Ka: I like talking with you. It helps as we're Putin in our miles today.
Ky: Joseph just woke up from his nap. I didn't think he was Hungary.
Ka: If you need to feed him you can. I like talking to you. Uruguayt friend.

(then comes a long discussion of potty training using words such as Stalin, European, and Nastia Liukin, among others.)

. . . Ky: So chi in our bathroom is restored.
Ka: And your sink is Shawning White again.
Ky: . . . I should Finnish for real. It's been Swede punning with you.
Ka: You too. Peace out. World peace.
Ky: You Congo on without me.
Ka: No man is an Ireland.

And that was the best part of my Sunday.

Postscript: So, I posted this to our "Overheard Near Kaylie" Facebook group, and she asked why I left out all the best parts. So I am going to add them here. But they are not exceptionally tasteful, so don't read it Dad. And everyone else, only scroll down if you are a little bit immature.

>
>
>
> Keep scrolling
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Remember, you really don't have to read this. You can just go to the next blog in your feed.
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>>
Okay, that's enough for today. Where I said "later . . ." up above, here's what really transpired:

Ky: It's time to move to another continent. Incidentally I'm in the bathroom now and feeling rather European.
Ky: All finnish
Ka: And strumming on your Qatar?
Ky: No that's unsanitary. Algeria and micronesia could spread.
Ka: That would be a terrible disease! If it comes close should we meet at the parking Latvia the pharmacy?

A little later . . .

Ka: So derek just dropped a bomb. I think I might have Ghana rrhea.
Ky: That is a Malaysia have to deal with for sure.
Ka: Yeah I really think I have it. I'm also feeling a little bit Chile.

Then Joseph woke up (a little Hungary), so the discussion went here:

Ky: Joseph just putin the potty.
Ka: Woo! That's awesome! Go Joseph! Hopefully he's not Stalin.
Ky: Nope he was russian. And I told him "European!"
Ka: Is the poo Nastia Liukin?
Ky: Ono. It's kwan down the drain. So chi in our bathroom is restored.
Ka: And your sink is Shawning White again.

And now you know why I didn't share that last bit on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment