Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A couple of Joseph quotes

Sorry I haven't posted much here lately. It's been pretty stressful (most of it self-inflicted, but some of it not . . . long story). So, I've got lots to catch up on at some point.

But in the meantime, here are a couple of things Joseph has said lately to keep us smiling:

K: "Joseph, what does your shirt say?"
J: "You need to go potty." I asked him again a couple of other times, and each time that's what he said. I have no clue why. His shirt actually said "Boy Genius."

(While walking home in the cold)
J: "It needs to stop winding. It needs to slow down." I totally agreed.

(While playing with hangers and having them interact with each other)
J: "The blue hanger is a good friend."

(While watching this old Divine Comedy video)
J: "We don't run in roads."

(I've let myself get worked up over most everything lately, and I think it shows)
J: (kisses me on the cheek) "Now you feel better, right?"

(While just Joseph and I were home)
J: "It's snowing outside, right Daddy? Right Kevin?" (In a low voice) "Right."

(Pretty much daily . . .)
J: "He (some stuffed animal, or his hands, or something else) needs to go into time out! He needs to take a nap!" Incidentally, neither Kevin nor I can even remember the last time he had a time out, so we have no idea where this game is coming from.
.
And . . . there are so many other great quotes all the time. He is astonishingly good at playing by himself right now, and I love hearing the simple stories he makes up. Last night, his hands were interacting with each other, reminding each other to share.

It's also cute how he is a little self-conscious about it, as any self-respecting child would be. "Stop smiling at me!" "Stop looking at me!" Can't say I blame him.

Pretty much, he is just great.




No comments:

Post a Comment