Wednesday, November 26, 2014

So much gratitude

With Thanksgiving swiftly approaching, I realized it was time to share what I'm grateful for. Since it's the 26th, I decided to do 26 items -- one per day of November. Because that's when gratitude matters the most.

1. I am grateful I have never mixed up the chili powder and the cinnamon.

2. I am grateful for masking tape.

3. I am grateful Elsa made such a beautiful ice palace.

4. I am grateful Daniel Tiger likes carrots.

5. I am grateful for people who respond to emails, for they shall inherit the earth.

6. I am grateful for people who don't, because it reminds me to respond to emails.

7. I am grateful I have never had a traumatic experience in an elevator, just lots of slow ones.

8. I am grateful there are other fonts besides Comic Sans and Papyrus.

9. I am grateful I haven't played Red Rover in years.

10. I am grateful for penne rigate.

11. I am grateful for clickbait articles, because instead of clicking on them I can just bask in my incredulity. I will never believe what happened next.

12. I am grateful for all of the consonants except C, G, W, and Y because they ruin phonetics.  Q and X are sort of dumb, too.

13. I am grateful I've still made it this far as a parent without buying any Goldfish crackers.

14. I am grateful for sweet potatoes.

15. I am grateful Kevin and I can forgive each other when we lose each other's games of Hearts on the computer.

16. I am grateful the last time I did a group project movie about DNA was never.

17. I am grateful I have never gotten injured curling ribbon with scissors.

18. I am grateful that there are books in the library about construction vehicles, because I was starting to get embarrassed that I was calling everything a bulldozer.

19. I am grateful that Joseph has learned the names quickly, because hearing him say, "Look, there's a trackhoe" or "Is that a compactor?" is kind of the best thing ever.

20. I am grateful for Internet that does not hog the phone line.

21. I am grateful that tie-dye isn't part of my life.

22. I am grateful for tupperware that is all the same size so I don't have to worry if the lids are going to fit.

23. I am grateful my keyboard doesn't have scroll lock.

24. I am grateful that Wikipedia has synopses of TV shows and movies I never plan to see so I can stay well versed in pop culture.

25. I am grateful for ligaments. And other parts of the body too.

26. I am grateful for Thanksgiving, so I can remember all these things I am grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment