Until I cleaned it out ten minutes ago, I think our couch operated as a Room of Requirement for our home. If we had really wanted something, we probably could have reached down and found it.
Except we never used it. So it was just a Vanishing Cabinet instead. One with lots and lots of hiding places.
I still remember the time about a year into our marriage that we were sitting watching a movie when Kevin reached down into the couch and pulled out a flattened Diet Coke can. Not from us. Or from anyone since we had acquired the couch.
Or the time there was a toy car there. Also not from us.
Anyway, I was looking for a dry erase marker and suspected it might be in the couch. I didn't find it, but I found these things instead:
-A baby toy
-a blue pen
-a black pen
-a purple pen (I thought I lost it in Relief Society more than two years ago. This is also weird because I have looked in that part of the couch before and never found a purple pen.)
-a red marker
-a blue scrunchie
-a white scrunchie
-a black hair thing
-an old cell phone
-two bobby pins
-another pen or two
-a medal
-a pretzel
The strangest thing is that some of these must have been missing for at least a while, but I know it hasn't been that long since I found a little ball in that part of the couch, and I didn't see any of this junk that time. At least, I thought it was that part of the couch. I also sort of feel like this couch has new hiding places each time I look. (Fyi, this isn't even the couch cushion part of the couch. It's some back flap that only opens up when the seats are reclined. So I don't even know how things got there.)
So where did I find the dry erase marker? In the other couch. Under a cushion I had already checked.
I think that just proves that our couches are magical.
When anything goes missing at our house the couch is the first place we check. It's kind of a running joke with us because I will pull up the cushion and see nothing and then Patrick will look in the same spot and find what we were looking for. That is an impressive list of things you found. And I appreciate the Harry Potter reference. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen anything goes missing at our house the couch is the first place we check. It's kind of a running joke with us because I will pull up the cushion and see nothing and then Patrick will look in the same spot and find what we were looking for. That is an impressive list of things you found. And I appreciate the Harry Potter reference. :)
ReplyDelete