Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Slow down, time!

Guys, Matthew is old now! I keep thinking, wait, how is he almost 5 months now? He keeps doing developmentally appropriate things and I catch myself thinking, "Well, he's about the right age for that," and then I'm just shocked that it happened so fast.

Luckily, this is my favorite age, so we're happy to be here. (I keep thinking whatever age he is is my favorite, but then I'm always pleasantly surprised by the next. [except three years old will probably never be my favorite]) I think I mentioned once that his first, second, and third months were progressively harder for me, but once we hit 3 months it started getting easier again. Maybe it's that we got used to the sleep deprivation. (He still knows how to sleep through the night, but we only get a few nights of that before we lose it for some reason such as colds.) Overall, he spits up less and naps longer, which I appreciate.

It's been so fun watching him grow up. I had forgotten how fascinating it is to watch a little person discover the world using his hands, feet, and mouth. He still loves and demands attention, but he is better at entertaining himself now that he has those to play with. He's also happier now that he can sit by himself for a minute at a time (we have to catch him before he falls, but it's a start!). When we eat, he watches us like hawk, so we'll probably start solid food before too long. He is liberal with his smiles and careful with his laughs (except around Joseph). He growls, shrieks, coos, and babbles all the time.

Basically, we are all crazy about him. And for good reason.














But seriously! Slow down, time!

No comments:

Post a Comment