This boy. This sweet 10-month-old little man is just the best.
Where do I even begin? I guess I could start with all the dozens of videos I'm not posting today. He has mastered the art of stopping the cute thing he was doing right before the video started, which is partly why there are so many. But if there were the ideal video of him, it would involve the following: lots of clapping (especially to music), pointing, bouncing, dropping something and saying "oh oh" or "uh uh" or "uh oh," saying "hooray," buzzing his lips while playing with cars, handing me toys and saying "day doo," covering his face and saying "pih a oo," waving his little popcorn popping wave, crawling really fast, pointing to things he likes and saying "bah buh," laughing hysterically when Joseph wears his helmet, snuggling up to everyone, and so on.
You get it. He's really great. He's even been great at sleeping lately. It's sort of funny -- on January 2nd, 2016, I noticed little white dots poking on his gums.
"Great," I thought. "Maybe he'll be a quick teether unlike Joseph."
Nope. 5 MONTHS later, we're just now getting teeth. Months of short naps and wakeful nights, of fussy mornings and cranky days.
(and, you know, he is still overall really pleasant so it wasn't that bad for me necessarily. But we all felt bad for him.)
But yes! He had a high fever one night, and ever since then he's been sleeping through the night like a champ! (except the past few nights, but at least we know it's possible.) And then last Friday, I was trying to get something out of his mouth and lo and behold it was bottom teeth I was rubbing my fingers against! And then the next day I also noticed some top teeth inching down. They're not quite here yet, but hooray for progress! (except that I'll miss his gummy smile.)
![]() |
| Top teeth coming in, and still able to laugh |
Another thing that's helped with his sleep and naps is finally being able to roll over from his back to his tummy. It wasn't about til 9 months old that he figured it out, and at first it was pretty frustrating. If I laid him down in his crib, he would roll over, pull himself up to standing, and rock the crib bar back and forth to make it clear he wasn't happy with the situation.
But while he still does that, now he usually just uses it to sleep the way he's probably always wanted to sleep. So, yay for that!
![]() |
Although, diaper changes are an ordeal now.
In no particular order, here are some recent pictures of our sweet, happy Matthew boy.
| Memorial Day |
![]() |
| Those eyes. |
![]() |
| Pensive |
![]() |
| Pretty much my favorite pose. |
He keeps us busy nowadays, but he keeps us all oh so happy too. So we'll keep him.










No comments:
Post a Comment