Long before we had Joseph, I decided that we were not going to teach him hot lava. I wanted to see how he would learn it or if he even would. Maybe hot lava wasn't even a big deal with kids who hadn't been subjected to Land Before Time as much as millennials had.
Well, folks, he finally learned it. It took him 4 years but he finally had a few friends who taught him hot lava. One of them has a lot of older siblings and the other goes to preschool, so I suppose they learned it there.
My criteria for him actually "learning" hot lava was for him to play it by himself. And today he was walking down the stairs and told me that he had to skip lots of steps because they had hot lava. So there it is. He even knows it comes from volcanoes and he knows it's hot.
But at least he doesn't know jinx yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment