Monday, July 25, 2016

He did it!

After 4 years . . .
. . . after countless early mornings and late nights of doing homework and writing papers
. . . after conferences in Hawaii, Belgium, Paris, Montreal, Shanghai, and Barcelona (the only stateside conferences were in Michigan and Utah, actually)
. . . after coming home day after day saying "I've figured out the bug/proof!" then the next day "No I haven't" then the next day "okay, I think I found a solution but we need stronger boundary conditions"
. . . after pages and pages of tricky algebra
. . . after 250+ pages of dissertation (that I've promised to read someday . . . though it would be easier if they printed it out)

. . . Kevin has defended his thesis! He is going to get a PhD! (And a math masters too, but I usually forget that part.)

I am so impressed with all of his hard work. I know how frustrating it can be to do research, to chip away for months and months at a problem with no end in sight, so to see him persevere is inspiring. And in the midst of all this he's managed to volunteer with a lot of things on campus, magnify his callings (the church never looked so clean as when he was its careful steward, and he's been great with the deacons too [even going camping with them]), and be a devoted husband and father. 

He is one impressive guy, that's for sure. I sure am lucky to be married to him.

I sneaked a few pictures during his defense. He did a great job!

After he passed!

The other Dr. Moon came to support the new Dr. Moon. Fun to see you, Dad!

We are so proud of him, and so excited for our upcoming adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment