If you happened to click on my blog yesterday, you discovered that it suddenly became private! Why was that?
Well, I looked at my stats and saw that some URL from Belarus had visited. And that was really weird to me. Especially when I realized how incredibly shady the site was. I didn't like the idea of such sites having access to pictures of us (especially Joseph) so I just hid the whole thing.
According to my sister, though, who presumably knows about such things, it was just a spam bot that browses the interwebs leaving traces of where it's come from so people will click on the links when they check their stats. The bots don't actually look at the sites at all. Which is annoying but not as bad as I had feared.
But I'm still sort of debating a private blog. I would keep the rambling and reminiscing public but keep the pictures and adventures (except the most epic ones) private. I figure that anyone who reads this blog but doesn't actually know me (which is probably no one) wouldn't miss the sparse pictures and life updates, anyway. What are your thoughts? Are there extra cool ways all you mommy bloggers keep your identities safe?
Those weird sites were why I made mine private, that and one of my daughters kept asking me to. It's a hard call. You could have two blogs, but that is harder.
ReplyDelete