Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sweet Potato Tacos

So, for the past few months, I've been thinking I ought to make my blog more useful. I've been trying to think of pieces of advice I could pass along (things like putting saran wrap over your cups before you use shortening to make cleanup easier, or spreading your food to the edge of the plate to heat more evenly in the microwave), but I didn't know if I had enough little pieces of advice like that.

But I have plenty of recipes. So I'm going to share them. One at a time. Starting now.

Tonight, we ate sweet potato tacos and it was better than I remembered. We first tried them at a dinner group almost a year ago and were pleasantly surprised by how something vegetarian could be so tasty and filling. Now, to tell the truth, when we make it we still cook ground beef because we like meat, but it's nice that the meat is able to go further thanks to the sweet potatoes and beans.

Here is a link to the recipe we use. I imagine there are dozens of similar recipes out there. We tend to like a little bit more seasoning, but this is a good base.

(insert gorgeous Instagram picture of our amazing tacos tonight. Who am I kidding even if I had instagram my food would like Martha Stewart's)

Best part is, even if you don't like sweet potatoes, you will probably like this! And if you don't, at least you got one bite's worth of beta carotene.

No comments:

Post a Comment