Since I had my 28-week appointment today, I guess I'm officially in the third trimester now. Woohoo!
So far, it's been a pretty good pregnancy. I think I've had many of the typical mild problems (this list is just so I can document it somewhere . . . heartburn, nosebleeds, fatigue, crying over weather forecasts, Braxton Hicks, leg cramps, and not fitting in clothes), but all in all, I feel pretty great most of the time, especially when baby boy somersaults around inside me. I think I had a feeling of astonishment for a lot of the second trimester, especially after my ultrasound, an astonishment that I could feel so incredibly happy for so much of the time. I guess it was the first time in a while where everything felt perfect, that life plans were finally starting to come together. In fact, sometimes that astonishment would turn into a little bit of panic -- when would the other shoe drop the way it had in the past?
As I've thought about it, I don't think it will. I don't expect that I'll always keep up this emotional high I've been riding (negatively affected only by potty training and cold temperatures), but I think things will stay good. So, yay for that.
And, I guess that today marks not only the end of second trimester but also the end of being 24. I think the deepest thing I have to say about that is that the first half of being 24 was marked by good weather and bad news, and the second half was marked by bad weather and good news. Hopefully we can get good weather and good news for most of 25!
And, here's the most recent belly pic. Here I am with some of my pregnant friends at Institute. I think this picture shows about half of the people due between the end of May and end of July in our ward. It's . . . kind of insane.
12 weeks to go! Onward and upward! (And outward. Lots more outward on its way, I am sure.)
Love it! I am SOO happy for you and your outward-growing belly! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteYay for the third trimester! You look great.
ReplyDelete