I spent my adolescent years writing stories, some of it realistic fiction (though how realistic it was is debatable) and some fantasy with names inspired by fonts (looking at you, Princess Helvetica). By the time I had matured into a self-conscious teenager, I realized that in order for it to be any good, I would have to learn how to accept criticism and work really hard at writing. That sounded too hard, so I quit writing. (Except for Facebook statuses and blog posts.)
Anyway, ever since then, I've harbored a level of respect for people who stuck with it. Many of them are in my own family, including my awesome cousin Brynne. She's launched a Kickstarter to get her fantasy novel published. I really liked the vivid imagery in her writing, and it's a pretty compelling concept. I think it'd be great if it got funded. And that's where you come in! Feel free to donate and share, or just donate, or just share. Especially since it's unlikely you'll ever see any fantasy from me, which means you'll have time to read this awesome story instead.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment