- If I ever introduce him as Joseph to a new neighbor or other acquaintance, he comes and corrects me. "I'm Buzz Lightyear," and then assumes an appropriate fighting stance.
- While we were in Utah, he asked me to sing a song about Buzz Lightyear. I came up with this one, which he's been singing ever since (with occasional variations).
- When I eat breakfast, he says, "Hey! Why are you eating breakfast? Toys don't eat breakfast. They just play." Sometimes it's hard to get through meals like that.
- One of his favorite games has been falling off the couch. "My arm fell off," he tells me. "Woody, can you put it back on?"
- Speaking of falling off of things, he now sings "Humpty Dumpty" with "Buzz Lightyear" perched on the couch, falling off in the middle of the song. But his arm doesn't fall off for this one, so Woody doesn't have to come put things back together.
- Buzz also reports a lot to Star Command.
And then there's Baby Buzz, also known as Matthew. He doesn't really do anything particularly Buzz Lightyear-ish, though he does rotate in his crib even with his swaddler on. I bet that's the sort of thing space rangers could do as babies.
| He didn't actually rotate in these pictures. But he's cute so they all stay. |
And, like Buzz Lightyear, he's got a killer smile.
We sure like these cute silly boys to infinity and beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment