Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Swing

How do you like to go up in a swing,

Up in the air so blue?

Oh I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air, and over the wall,


Till I can see so wide,
Nichols Arboretum

Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside-- 
On the way to a cider mill



North Campus

Till I look down on the garden green,
North Campus

Down on the roof so brown--

Up in the air I go flying again,

Up in the air and down!


-Robert Louis Stevenson, The Swing

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Glad you posted. Dad said he read my mind and knew I was going to say "cute." Wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem oh so very much! I just read it to my students the other day. Now I want to show them these adorable pictures of your adorable baby...but alas, it's probably not the best use of academic time.

    ReplyDelete