Granted, it's not always going to be accurate. For example, I think I do a lot more talking than listening when I'm on the phone:
(And the robot movie? That's still WALL-E.)
But when he started playing the piano and singing at the same time? Yeah, that's a pretty accurate imitation of what he sees most days:
But this has actually been an exciting development because each time he sings it, he stays a little more in tune and is to the point now where he gets all the letters! I think my favorite version is where he sings "ABCD" and then jumps up an octave to do "EFG." One of those boys choirs needs to recruit him!
(After this video, he sang it about 10 more times in succession. And then some more throughout the day. And if I try to take his invitation of "next time won't you sing with me" he gets mad because it's still his turn. At least he's singing the right words now.)
He likes to have a steady beat while he sings, be it from him playing the piano (which, sadly, has not yet improved as rapidly as the singing), or from a drum. And microphones don't hurt, either.
I suppose this isn't really imitating parents anymore since we don't need mics or drums when we sing. Then again, Kevin was the drummer for his nerd band back in the day.
At any rate, it's nice to hear lots of singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment