Friday, March 27, 2015

Taller

Joseph says at least one of these a day. And often all of them in a row.

"When I get bigger, I can watch Spiderman."
"I eat vegetables so I get taller and taller and taller!" (not that he eats them, but he gets the concept.)
"When the missionaries were here I ate broccoli so I can get taller and taller and taller and watch Spiderman!" (true story, and we were shocked)
"I'm going to have a birthday! And I will get taller and taller and watch Spiderman. And I will have a bus cake!"
"How old will you be on your birthday?" I ask.
"Two." (Or twenty-two.)

Actually, I'll just pause here for a moment. Speaking of birthdays, he is obsessed with them. He has made 6 birthday cards this month, each with various themes. Well, usually he wants me to draw a taxi or police car on them. I haven't taken any pictures of them, unfortunately. They all have the same template: cake on front, person's name somewhere, balloons somewhere, happy birthday (unless he insists I write birthday with an 'f'), done.

"Grrr. I'm a bad guy." (various kickboxing poses.)
"Spiderman is a bad guy. But he's a helper bad guy. When I eat carrots I get taller and taller and I can be a helper."

And so on.

I guess that if his birthday were tomorrow, his cake would have Spiderman being a helper on a bus. And it would probably have hidden vegetables so he can get taller and taller and taller.


"He's climbing on a wall! That's so silly."


No comments:

Post a Comment