Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank you thank you thank you

51. I am grateful for shredded cheese. That makes me especially grate-ful, right? Har har har.

52. I am grateful I can still understand what people say when they use "it's" instead of "its" and stuff like that, even if it makes me wince.

53. I am grateful that most of my life isn't spent in a congested Detroit airport with Joseph crying in the back, because that's kind of a terrible way to spend an evening.

54. I am grateful that photosynthesis has oxygen as a byproduct. Wouldn't it be sad if trees used up all our oxygen instead of releasing it?

55. I am grateful for plastic.

56. Similarly, I am also grateful to live in a day and age where they know how to make really really really soft fabrics for baby blankets.

57. I am grateful most of my siblings are younger than me, because it meant that when I was their age I was still watching Blues Clues and the Wiggles with them, whereas they're watching, I dunno, Psych. This has prevented me from being too cool for my own good.

58. I am grateful for Joseph's gummy smile.

59. I am grateful that my last name is still Moon, because it's a pretty awesome last name.

60. I am grateful Kevin has other good qualities, even though having the last name Moon was almost enough to seal the deal.

61. I am grateful for WordPerfect, even though I have to convert everything over to Word to share with other people.

62. I am grateful that paper was invented.

63. I am also grateful that Gutenberg's printing press was invented.

64. I am grateful that Cooley and Tukey invented the Fast Fourier Transform in the 60s, because pretty much everything digital depends on it.

65. I am grateful that it was actually Karl Friedrich Gauss who invented it back in the 1800s, because I share a birthday with him and thus sort of can share all his accomplishments, too.

66. I am grateful human babies don't come out as mobile as a lot of animal babies.

67. I am grateful for my brush.

68. I am grateful Joseph has lots of hair because it makes people want to hold him.

69. I am grateful my parents didn't name me Erma.

70. I am grateful that my mom's sisters are on Facebook and that I can always count on them to "like" stuff.

71. I am grateful that, despite common usage, babies do not grow inside people's stomachs. That would be horrible all around.

72. I am grateful Cinderella had the other slipper in the Disney movie so she could put it on after the stepmother broke the first one.

73. I am grateful for lots of fonts, and that half my time writing a story as a kid was spent choosing various fonts.

74. I am also grateful for font names, since those were generally my inspiration for characters' names.

75. I am grateful Leslie did her 4th grade county report on Duchesne, Utah, because I've been partial to it ever since.

Okay. 75 silly ones is enough.

1 comment:

  1. And your Grandma R. is very grateful for you and Kevin and for the best great-grandson in the world. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to Leslie,too. She is certainly the best first grandchild in the universe.

    ReplyDelete