Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart

My goal is to get to 100 by Thanksgiving. Maybe at some point I'll do serious ones.

In the meantime . . .

1. I am grateful that my arms are long enough that I can fold bath towels sitting down.

2. I am grateful I am not a baby.

3. I am grateful my parents took care of me when I was a baby. And later on, too. But especially when I was a baby.

4. I am grateful that lots of my friends on Facebook are posting videos of their babies laughing. Partly because I like to hear the funny sounds they make when they are making their babies laugh.

5. I am grateful that I have never been chased by a goat named Voldemort, or any goat.

6. I am grateful that the time I was in a pen with a bull, the bull wasn't mad.

7. I am grateful that no one has ever forced me to eat broccoflower. Look at that ghastly green color!

Broccoflower closeup.jpg

8. I am grateful that Kevin sees no need to ever own a TV.

9. I am grateful that the diapers from Amazon Mom arrived when they did yesterday, because we were down to 2 left and it was getting scary.

10. I am grateful I discovered how to make my own instant oatmeal instead of having to buy packets from the store.

11. I am grateful for onions and garlic and how they smell when they are being sauteed.

12. I am grateful that we now have a garbage disposal and our own washer and dryer.

13. I am grateful that our car is not in the shop like it was last Thanksgiving.

14. I am grateful that people eventually learn to say my name right.

15. I am grateful that some people even say it right to start with.

16. I am grateful for Draino.

17. I am also grateful that before we bought the Draino, I was brave enough to dry and unclog the drain myself, even though it almost made me throw up. It made me feel empowered.

18. I am grateful Kevin tried next.

19. I am grateful our ceiling is not caving in right now.

20. I am grateful that maintenance comes over in the mornings without warning, and often manages to come during my showers (well, twice), because it has shortened my showers considerably. Actually, I'm not grateful for this one because I actually like to enjoy my showers and not live in constant fear, but it's probably better for the environment for me to take shorter showers.

21. I am grateful that someday I will live in a house of my own, because maintenance can't come in unless I answer the door. And they will probably call ahead instead of showing up randomly.

22. I am grateful that I can get used to new layouts on gmail, Facebook, and pretty much every website. Timeline hardly even bugs me anymore.

23. I am grateful I am not using Firefox 2 anymore.

24. I am grateful that I can't remember the last time I was stung by a bee.

25. I am grateful I've never mixed up the barbecue sauce and chocolate syrup in the fridge.

26. I am grateful that most everyone is nicer as an adult than they were in elementary school. Including me.

27. I am grateful Joseph's fingernails do not grow any faster than they do.

28. I am grateful for all the people who called Joseph an easy baby, even though I didn't agree with them, because it gave me a new perspective. It's much easier to get along with an "easy baby" who has bad moments than a "difficult baby" who has happy moments.

29. I am grateful that I usually catch when I write "then" when I should have written "than" and that I am able to correct it.

30. I am grateful that 3 years ago today, Kevin took me on a treasure hunt with a diamond as the treasure at the end.

31. I am grateful that he's a pretty chill guy and doesn't overanalyze.

32. I am grateful I'm not 18 years old. I mean, it would be cool to be 18 and have the chance to go on a mission, but . . . ugh. 18 sounds gross.

33. Same with 7 or 8 or 11 or 12 or 16. Or any age except where I am.

34. I am grateful Kevin hasn't made me play chess with him since the time he checkmated me in about 24 seconds.

35. I am grateful I like more foods than I used to as a kid.

36. I am grateful that I never have to eat Cheese Nips or Cheetos or Easy Cheese or American Cheese or Goldfish.

37. I am grateful for the number 37.

1 comment: